By David Henwood
Photo’s By Laura Greene
Normally by this time of the year we would be in the final frantic week and pulling together the finishing touches to our wonderful community festival, which runs every June around midsummer, in Florence Park, East Oxford.
Orgainiser Alan Brown said, ‘The 20th of June would have been our 8th year for Flofest and the 3rd year for the evening Glofest – we had a whole bevvy of fantastic things lined up!’
GloGLo Virtual takes place this Saturday (20th June) and already we have well over 8 hours of content that will be broadcast (much of it live) on our website (http://www.flofest.uk/watch-floglo-virtual-2020-here.html)
The day will comprise of:
- Live Music – highlights include The Deadbeat Apostles, Ran Kan Kan, Band of Hope and Jen Berkova amongst many others
- Full Variety Programme – Dozens of acts have submitted clips that will entertain and amaze
- Zumba – or is it Zoomba? Maz McCaan will be leading a hi energy Zoom call with a difference
- The Famous FLoFest Dog Show – Tough competition is expected, particularly in the hotly contested category of ‘waggliest tail’. It will surely be the toughest for our expert judges.
- Caterers Secrets – The fabulous Waste2Taste and Taste Tibet who have both been regular attendees feeding the crowds at FLoFest over the years will be cooking up some of their best recipes for us all to see 🙂
- SafeSaturdayBlockParty14 – Find out what Florence Park has been buzzing about every Saturday (at 2pm) throughout lockdown. The very special FloGLo Virtual edition will be broadcast live!
- GloFest Laser Set – The whole event will culminate with local DJ/Laser superstar James Ussher who – (on a mass participating Zoom call) will be serving up his usual expertly picked playlist and amazingly orchestrated visuals for us all to enjoy and join in with.
FloGlo Virtual is free to attend though there will be opportunities to donate. All funds raised will go to Florence Park Community Centre, to enable it to fully re-emerge from lockdown and continue its excellent work, support and outreach.